Garage, vehicle ‘a total loss’ after fire in Mapleton
MAPLETON, Utah — A Mapleton family is thanking firefighters for their quick response after their garage went up in flames early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters were dispatched to the area of 700 E. Maple Street at 2:59 a.m.
“Residents in the area called 911 after hearing explosions coming from the garage,” read a press release from the Mapleton Fire Department.
According to the release, the garage is detached from the main residence, but only by a few feet.
Fire officials said the neighbors ran to the home and helped evacuate the two residents.
Within four minutes, Mapleton firefighters were on scene and started their attack on the garage, which was fully engulfed.
“Firefighters kept the fire contained to the garage and were able to protect the main living residence that sustained little to no damage,” the release stated.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Fire officials said the garage and vehicle inside will be a total loss.
The Spanish Fork and Springville fire departments assisted.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)