New high-speed ski lift at Snowbasin to debut next winter
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — Snowbasin Resort has announced a new ski lift that they said will double the uphill capacity of the Strawberry side of the mountain.
The new lift, named DeMoisy Express, is set to be installed before the 2023-24 winter season.
It will begin near the Strawberry Gondola bottom terminal and will drop passengers off in a wind-protected area above Dan’s Run, strategically placed to allow the creation of new trails as well.
Davy Ratchford, General Manager of Snowbasin Resort, said the new lift will “allow new guests to experience exceptional terrain easier and faster than ever before.”
It will be a 10 minute ride to the top, holding six people per chairlift and transporting 2,400 riders each hour.
this solves essentially a two-decade-old navigational issue at otherwise one of the best laid out resorts in the region. big day for snowbasin fans https://t.co/xcuXQVW7JN
— sambrikawara (@sambrikawara) December 28, 2022
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)