Man in critical condition after auto-pedestrian crash in Murray
MURRAY, Utah — A man in his late 50s was hospitalized Wednesday night after he was struck by a car in Murray.
The crash happened just before 9 p.m. at 4844 S. State Street.
“Witnesses told investigators that they saw the male attempt to cross the street several yards outside the crosswalk when he was struck by a southbound vehicle,” read a Thursday morning press release from the Murray Police Department.
Kristin Reardon, public information officer with the Murray Police Department, said the victim was transported in critical condition.
According to the release, the driver remained on scene and was cooperative with investigators.
The southbound lanes of time were shut down for a time Wednesday night due to the crash.
The victim’s identity has not been released.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)