Woman stole car from gas station, crashed it, police say
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — A woman stole a car and crashed it in an attempt to flee from police.
On Wednesday at approximately 5:50 p.m., police said a vehicle was reported stolen from a gas station. Police found the vehicle and attempted to pull it over, with sirens and emergency lights. The driver then attempted to evade police with “reckless driving,” running red lights and driving over a curb.
The officer stopped the pursuit when the driver entered a neighborhood and the officer said he believed the risk to the public was too dangerous.
Before long, the officer found a crash with the stolen car, which appeared to have driven up into someone’s yard, hit the mailbox, and crashed into another vehicle.
The driver had already fled the scene when police say they arrived, but they found her walking a few blocks away and confirmed that she was the suspect with photos from the gas station where she stole the car.
She already had multiple warrants and a denied drivers license, according to court documents.
She was booked into the Utah County Jail with five misdemeanor and two felony charges, including vehicle theft, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident, evading police, reckless endangerment, criminal mischief, and driving on a denied license.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)