1 dead, others injured in West Valley City crash
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — One person has died following a three-car crash in West Valley City.
The incident occurred at 4100 S. Mountain View Corridor Thursday afternoon.
According to a 5:06 p.m. tweet from the West Valley City Police Department, a semi traveling northbound entered the intersection at 4100 South, hit a Honda Civic and pushed it into a third vehicle.
The driver of the Honda, identified as a 30-year-old man, was killed.
“Accident investigation will determine the status of the light for the semi as well as whether any impairment or mechanical issues existed,” read another tweet from WVCPD.
Accident investigation will determine the status of the light for the semi as well as whether any impairment or mechanical issues existed. The semi spilled diesel fuel into the median. Hazmat crews are cleaning spill. Mt. view remains closed NB at 5400 S and 4100 both EB and WB.
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) December 30, 2022
Police said the semi spilled diesel fuel into the median as a result of the crash. Crews are currently on scene cleaning that up.
As of 5:06 p.m., the northbound lanes of Mountain View Corridor are closed at 5400 South, along with the eastbound and westbound lanes at 4100 South.
Drivers have been encouraged to avoid the area, if possible.
FATAL TRAFFIC ACCIDENT: 4100 S Mountain View Corridor. Three vehicles involved. One person deceased. Other injuries minor. NB Mt. View closed at 5400 S. EB and WB 4100 S is being diverted. Avoid area. pic.twitter.com/r4c5olPaQt
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) December 29, 2022
Additional details, including the victim’s identity, have not been released.
This is a breaking news story. It will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)