Car leaves roadway, ends up in stream near Sundance
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — Two people were taken to the hospital Friday after their car left state Route 92 and ended up in a stream.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol told KSL a Volkswagen Atlas was heading down S.R. 92 from Sundance when it lost control, slid off the road, and ended up in a stream about 10 feet down an embankment.
The two occupants — an adult male driver and a 6-year-old passenger — were transported with minor injuries.
Troopers said the road would be closed until crews could get the car out of the river.
“Please delay travel to the resort area if at all possible as traffic is being held at Provo Canyon Road/US-189,” read a 6:53 p.m. tweet from the Utah Department of Transportation.
SR-92 remains closed at this time south of Sundance. Please delay travel to the resort area if at all possible as traffic is being held at Provo Canyon Road/US-189. https://t.co/N77IbIXnXA
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) December 31, 2022
Both directions of S.R. 92 reopened at 7:40 p.m.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)