‘Belligerent’ patron stabbed bouncer escorting him out of Millcreek bar, police say
MILLCREEK, Utah — A man was arrested early Sunday after police say he stabbed a bouncer who was escorting him out of a Millcreek bar.
Jesse Alberto Sorensen, 36, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault resulting in serious bodily injury and intoxication.
Unified police arrived at Barbary Coast Saloon, 4242 S. State, about 1:20 a.m. Sunday. Witnesses said Sorensen, 36, became belligerent after he was cut off from purchasing any more alcohol and he was asked to leave, according to a police booking affidavit.
A 42-year-old employee and bouncer escorted Sorensen out of the bar. “Some of Sorensen’s friends were also causing problems in the bar and were escorted out by staff,” the affidavit states.
When the employees exited, they discovered that the bouncer and Sorensen were on the ground fighting.
“The witnesses observed the knife in Sorensen’s hand. They held Sorensen down and disarmed him. They held Sorensen there until police arrived,” according to the affidavit.
The victim then said he had been stabbed in the stomach, and police say his intestines were protruding from the wound. He was in critical condition and taken by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center, where he underwent surgery.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)