Drivers complain about potholes around Salt Lake Valley after recent storms
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Some drivers are complaining because plenty of potholes are popping up across the Salt Lake Valley after all the snow.
“It’s getting a little ridiculous,” said Dennis Wilson of Riverton, who added that his drive on Thursday was “nothing but potholes.”
In South Jordan, a crew is catching up after the latest storm. The team patched more than 60 potholes on Thursday.
“There have been a lot of storms this year,” said Rachael Van Cleave, public information officer for South Jordan. “Some are some of the biggest storms we’ve had in a while, so that just magnifies the impact of everything that’s happening to our roads.”
As the roadway expands and contracts, any uneven spots can easily be caught by snow plows, lifting the asphalt and creating potholes.
“Once the roads are clear, then it’s time to fill in the potholes right after it,” Van Cleave said.
The crew worked on 118th in addition to Daybreak Parkway on Thursday. Three residents recently reported potholes to the city, and those were also repaired.
“If they want to complain, complain to us,” Van Cleave said. “Report it to the city because we want to know where those are. It is our job to keep our city streets safe, and they go as fast as they can, starting with where the biggest issue is.”
To report a pothole, people in South Jordan can click “Report a Problem” on the city’s website, or call the helpline at 801-446-HELP.
People in other cities can often follow a similar process. For example, Salt Lake City has a mobile app for making requests.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)