Mother killed in Enoch remembered for her light: ‘she was everybody’s friend’
ENOCH, Utah — For all the times Tina Brown has spoken to her friend, she wishes she could do it one more time.
“If I could shed any light at all about Tausha, it’s that she was everybody’s friend and she made everybody feel like they were her only friend,” Brown said.
She last spoke to Tausha Haight this past Friday about how Christmas went and how her kids were doing.
There was no way to know what was coming.
“I don’t know how anyone can make any sense of this,” she said. “I decided last night when I went to bed with such a heavy heart and a lot of anger, I just decided I am not focusing on the darkness anymore. I want to talk about the light.”
And what a light Tausha Haight was in her Enoch community.
If you had a bad day at work, or struggles at home, Brown said you can bet you’d be hearing from Haight along with some of her famous homemade bread.
“The countless loaves of bread that were dropped off at doorsteps,” Brown said with a laugh. “She wanted everyone around her to be better. That was just her. You could pick up your phone and text her or call her or knock on her door, and she was always there.”
Haight’s children were the same way.
They once organized a going away party for someone moving away from their neighborhood.
“That’s just the way they were,” Brown said.” That’s just the way they were.”
It makes what happened at the Haight family home unimaginable.
“It kind of hit me like a rock when my oldest said, mom, we see things like this all the time on the news, you hear about it on podcasts and you see dateline episodes, but it doesn’t happen here and it definitely doesn’t happy to people that we know,” Brown said.
Since Brown and Haight were close friends Brown says she knows what to do next at a time when nothing else makes sense.
“She is going to be missed. There’s no doubt,” she said. “But I think we can honor her by living the way she lived.”
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)