A health assessment could help you reach your health goals
PARK CITY, Utah — More than half of all Americans surveyed say they hope to exercise more this year, according to a recent survey by Statista. But many don’t know where to start.
Intermountain Healthcare offers a health assessment to get a personalized plan to help you reach your goals.
“We like to look at people as an individual and give them the whole picture,” said Liz Blike, a registered dietician at Intermountain LiVe Well Center.
They offer what’s called the LiVe Well Center Assessment Plus, a program that offers blood work and meeting with a dietician, physician, and exercise specialist to get you on the right track.
They run a series of tests – one is called the “In Body.” It tells you how much fat, muscle, and water weight you have.
“This tells us a lot more than what’s on the scale now we know what your body is made up of,” said Nick Francis, exercise physiologist.
They also run a resting metabolic rate test.
“This test will tell you how many calories at a bare minimum to sustain healthy body function,” Francis explained.
During the test, you plug your nose and put in a breathing tube for ten minutes, so the machine can capture the CO2 and oxygen output to get the results.
They say this assessment shows people that health is more about what makes sense for you.
“It’s important to see what your body needs and not look at other people around you and what they are doing,” Blike said.
“Just because the number is below or above what you think it should be it doesn’t really tell you how healthy you are,” Francis adds.
For more information on the assessment, visit the Intermountain LiVe Well Center website.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)