Police: Thirteen juveniles charged for assaulting a Gateway Mall employee
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified and charged 13 juveniles for the alleged assault against a Gateway Mall employee after he asked them to leave.
On Nov. 25, the 38-year-old employee asked the juveniles on skateboards to leave the area in front of a Gateway Mall business, according to the Salt Lake City police department.
“Instead of leaving, the group of approximately 17 people turned on the employee,” reads the SLCPD statement. “The group surrounded the employee and knocked him to the ground where they punched, kicked and stomped on him. Some of the group used skateboards to cause further harm and injury to the victim.”
When officers arrived on the scene, the suspects fled the area, and police could not locate them.
Our Robbery and Violent Crime Squad identified and charged 13 individuals for the assault of a man at the Gateway Mall on November 25, 2022.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 6, 2023
Police released security footage of minors asking for the public’s help identifying them on Dec. 16., according to SLCPD. Police soon learned that many of the suspects were minors and removed the photos.
On Friday, police said they arrested 13 of the 17 suspects in the case. All of the suspects have been charged with felony riot, with five suspects facing aggravated assault charges.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)