Teenager in critical condition after T-bone crash, flown to hospital
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah –– An 18-year-old man is in critical condition after a T-bone crash with a Jeep Saturday evening.
According to Utah County Sheriff’s Spencer Cannon, the crash happened on State highway 72 and Mustang Way at approximately 5 p.m. The Jeep was traveling eastbound on HWY 72 when it hit the Buick crossing its path, attempting to drive northbound on Mustang Way.
The 18-year-old man driving the Buick was transported to the hospital in critical condition by medical helicopter. According to Cannon, the female passenger in the Jeep was also transported to a local hospital, but her injuries were minor, not life-threatening.
Another passenger in the Jeep suffered serious back injuries and was taken to the hospital in an ambulance.
The highway was shut down for several hours as crews cleaned up the accident. Cannon said they are investigating possible DUI in this crash.
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)