UHP urges drivers to slow down after video shows car losing control, sliding
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol is urging drivers to slow down, especially during winter weather conditions, after a vehicle lost control and slid towards the center median.
The incident occurred at 7:49 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 7. A location for the slide was not provided.
“Remember black ice, slush, snow, and rain (WET ROADS) means you need to slow down,” read a Wednesday morning Instagram post from UHP.
View this post on Instagram
Troopers said we need to practice “better driving behaviors” as the next winter storm will be hitting the state Saturday.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)