Truck loses load of sheet metal, causes delays on I-15 northbound in Sunset
SUNSET, Utah — Traffic was blocked in several lanes Thursday after a truck lost a load of sheet metal on northbound Interstate 15.
The spill occurred on I-15 northbound at mile 337, in Sunset within Davis County.
Sgt. Cam Roden with Utah Highway Patrol said the sheet metal was blocking lanes 2-4 and that the loose sheet metal hit a fuel tank of semi-truck causing a spill.
NB I-15 at MP 337 (Sunset) Davis Co.
3 Right Lanes Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 2:30 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7e9Jm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) January 12, 2023
Roden estimates the semi-truck’s fuel tank leaked less than five gallons and clean-up should conclude shortly.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)