1 killed, 1 injured in rollover crash on Mtn View Corridor; lanes closed due to diesel spill
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — One person has died and part of Mountain View Corridor was shut down Monday morning following a rollover crash.
Officials with the West Valley City Police Department said a semi-truck and small SUV collided at the intersection of 3500 South and Mountain View Corridor around 9 a.m. Monday.
The semi rolled, spilling a significant amount of diesel fuel on the roadway.
Police said the driver of the semi, an adult man, was killed, while the driver of the SUV suffered life-threatening injuries and was hospitalized in critical condition.
Southbound Mountain View Corridor and both directions of 3500 South will remain closed for several hours, according to police.
“At this time, it is unclear which vehicle had the light in its favor,” police said in a tweet.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)