Woman killed, 2 injured after vehicle crashes into Tooele business
TOOELE, Utah — A shocking and tragic crash right along Main Street in Tooele took a woman’s life and injured two others.
The Tooele Police Department said it happened when a wrong-way driver jumped the curb and crashed into the Ensign Engineering and Land Survey business at 169 N. Main Street just before 11:30 a.m. Monday.
The woman, who was identified Tuesday as 51-year-old Roseann Davis of Tooele, was innocently sitting at her desk working when the minivan came smashing through the glass walls.
“Officers arrived, were able to move the vehicle off of the female, and attempted to perform life-saving measures, but unfortunately, the female, who was an employee in the building at the time, was deceased,” said TPD Cpl. Colbey Bentley.
Another female worker inside the building was injured and taken to the hospital along with the male driver of the van.
Jennifer Boyd owns a beauty salon just across the street. She was still in shock over what happened.
“Siren after siren and fire trucks and ambulances,” Boyd recalled. “Tooele is a very small community. It’s going to affect a lot of people. It just is. I just feel terrible you don’t expect to go to work one day and die.”
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) January 16, 2023
Others also can’t believe how it all unfolded, asking, ‘What are the odds?’
“I’m just thinking, who would go to work inside of a building and think they would get hit by a car and die,” said Karlee Amaya, who was at a nearby business when it happened. “It’s tragic. It’s awful.”
The question police are now asking is, why?
“That’s the biggest thing we are looking into right now. Did this happen because of intoxication, distraction, or a medical episode? There are a lot of things we are working on right now,” Bentley said. “To have this happen, it’s heartbreaking.”
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)