Salt Lake man dead after accidental drowning in Millard County, police say
Jan 29, 2023, 4:39 PM
MILLARD COUNTY, Utah — Authorities say a Salt Lake man has died after an accidental drowning incident late Saturday evening.
According to the Millard County Sheriff’s Office, first responders were called to a man who was unresponsive at the Meadow Hot Pots near Fillmore, Utah.
“It was reported that the individual had been underwater for a number of minutes and life-saving efforts were underway,” reads the sheriff’s office statement.
First responders transported the man to a local hospital, but he was not revived and was pronounced dead.
Police identified him as 29-year-old Christopher Lunt of South Salt Lake, Utah.
Police believe this was an accidental drowning, but it is still being investigated.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)