Police shooting near Cedar City leaves 1 injured
CEDAR CITY, Utah — One person was injured Sunday night after a police shooting incident northwest of Cedar City.
The incident occurred near the area of 4680 North and 4500 West in Cedar City when Iron County sheriff’s deputies and Enoch, Utah police officers responded to a report of a “suspicious person in possession of a firearm,” according to a statement from the Iron, Garfield, Beaver Critical Incident Task Force.
After arriving at the scene, officers made contact with the person and, according to the statement, the person was not compliant with the officers’ commands to exit the vehicle.
At some point, “two officers discharged their weapons, and the gunfire struck the subject,” the statement says.
The person was treated at the scene before being flown to St. George Regional Hospital.
According to the statement, the person is in stable condition and in recovery.
The task force is investigating the incident. No information has been provided about the person who was shot by police.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)