Nevada attempted murder suspect arrested in Washington County
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — An attempted murder suspect from Nevada is in police custody after being found at a Utah gas station Monday.
Washington County Sheriff Sgt. Lucas Alfred told KSL that Jami Farmer was wanted out of Lincoln County, Nevada, for attempted murder as of Thursday.
Alfred said a few days ago, one of their officers noticed the Farmer’s vehicle in Santa Clara, Utah, and attempted to pull them over, but he evaded them.
At approximately 1:40 p.m., the Washington County Sheriff’s office got a tip that the suspect was given a ride to a gas station in Shivwits reservation in Utah.
Alfred said police went to the gas station and found Farmer outside. He was not cooperative with them and had to be taken into custody by force.
The Washington County Sheriff’s office did not have any information about the charges Farmer was arrested for.
According to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office of Nevada, Farmer was considered armed and dangerous.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)