KSL ALL-STAR ACCESS
Salt Palace to host temporary liquor store during NBA’s All-Star activities
SALT LAKE CITY — To accommodate visitors to Salt Lake City for NBA All-Star festivities, Utah will open an additional liquor store downtown.
From Thursday, Feb. 16 to Saturday, Feb. 18, a store under the direction of Utah’s Department of Alcoholic Beverage Services — often called the DABS — will open a store on the east side of the Salt Palace Convention Center from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. each of those days.
According to a press release, the temporary store will accommodate the influx of visitors to the state’s capital city, including many who will be staying in hotels as the eyes of the sports world turn to Salt Lake for a weekend.
“The temporary store will improve safety and traffic in and around the existing state liquor store on 200 West, 400 South by providing walkable access for visitors to another location that is nearby many events,” said Michelle Schmitt with the DABS.
The current downtown store has a small parking lot and is a relatively small space.
DABS said it will feature many locally made craft products in the store. No cash will be accepted.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 14346)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14172)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 11996)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 11993)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 10759)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 9599)