Man, 34, stabbed to death in SLC; police searching for suspect
SALT LAKE CITY — A man was killed in a stabbing Thursday on Main Street in Salt Lake City.
According to Salt Lake City Police Department, the investigation began at 3:43 p.m. when dispatch was informed about a stabbing at Palmer Court, located at 999 S. Main Street.
When officers arrived, they found a man in critical condition and offered medical aid while requesting help from paramedics.
The victim, identified Friday as 34-year-old Charles Alires, died at the scene.
Police say based on preliminary information, the suspect ran from the scene.
Officers continue to search for the suspect and secured the scene to allow the SLCPD’s Homicide Squad and Crime Lab to collect evidence.
“Detectives are working to determine the circumstances leading up to the stabbing. At this point, there is no information to indicate the stabbing was a random incident,” an SLCPD release said.
Police are asking that anyone with information on this case call 801-799-3000 and reference case No. 23–23556.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)