9-year-old boy graduates high school
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania (KYW) — Graduating high school is a big accomplishment and one Bucks County boy’s graduation is making history.
Nine-year-old David Balogun received his diploma from Reach Cyber Charter School in Harrisburg after taking classes remotely.
He loves science and computer programming and credits a number of favorite teachers for his success.
While David’s parents have advanced degrees, they say raising a young son with extraordinary intellectual gifts is challenging.
“He’s a 9-year-old with a brain that just has the capacity to understand and comprehend a lot of concepts that’s beyond his years and sometimes beyond my understanding,” Ronya Balogun, David’s mother, said.
David has also ambitious goals for the future.
“I want to be an astrophysicist and I want to study black holes and supernovas,” he said.
After completing a semester at Bucks County Community College, the family is now looking at colleges and universities across the country.
David is also working to earn his black belt in martial arts.
The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2023 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)