ACCIDENTS & CRASHES
Wrong-way driver dies after crashing into semitruck in Tooele County
Feb 18, 2023, 3:03 PM | Updated: 7:28 pm
(Utah Highway Patrol)
TOOELE, Utah — A wrong-way driver died after crashing into a semitruck about 15 miles east of Wendover at 3 a.m. Saturday.
Utah Highway Patrol got reports of a wrong-way driver headed east on a westbound lane of I-80 in Tooele County.
Troopers said the passenger vehicle struck a semitruck pulling a trailer and the driver of the wrong-way vehicle was killed.
The semitruck driver was treated for minor injuries and there were no other occupants in either vehicle. Utah Highway Patrol said a second passenger vehicle sustained damage after hitting debris that in the road.
Police suspect the wrong-way driver was impaired, but the cause of the crash is being investigated, according to the Department of Public Safety.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)