ACCIDENTS & CRASHES
Logan man involved in three-vehicle fatal crash in Pocatello
POCATELLO, Idaho — A Logan, Utah, man was sent to the hospital after being involved in a three-vehicle crash that killed one person late Friday night.
According to the Idaho State Police Department, the crash happened on Interstate-15 at milepost 70.4 in Bannock County, Idaho, at approximately 11:30 p.m.
A 29-year-old man from Pocatello was driving northbound on the I-15 southbound lanes in a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am when he collided head-on with a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by the 56-year-old man from Logan.
According to Idaho authorities, the Jeep overturned on the freeway and came to a stop on its roof. A juvenile driving southbound in a 2009 Chevrolet Equinox stuck the Jeeep while it was on the road on its roof.
Police said I-15 was blocked for approximately four hours before being reopened to drivers. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
The 29-year-old died on the scene. The Logan man and his passenger were transported to a local hospital.
Police did not have the condition of the juvenile, the Logan man, or the passenger.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Arrest made in Logan Canyon crash that killed 3, injured 2 (pageviews: 21449)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 17772)
- People hunker down as Little Cottonwood Canyon goes into ‘max security interlodge’ (pageviews: 15840)
- Three dead, two injured in crash that closed US Hwy 89 (pageviews: 12398)
- Lagoon announces further delay of season opening (pageviews: 7712)
- Ski resorts close as snowstorm slams Utah; Lagoon pushes back opening day (pageviews: 6719)