ACCIDENTS & CRASHES
Man in critical condition after crashing into a tree in Salt Lake City
Feb 19, 2023, 5:56 PM
(Salt Lake City Police Department)
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating a single-car crash that put a man in the hospital early Sunday morning.
According to the Salt Lake City Police Department, officers responded to an SUV crashing into a tree near 980 South 900 West at approximately 12:47 a.m.
First responders arrived on the scene and began first aid on the 20-year-old male driver until an ambulance transported him to a local hospital.
“Based on the preliminary information, detectives believe the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed and lost control of the SUV before crashing into a tree,” reads the SLCPD press release.
Police are investigating if drugs or alcohol played a role in this crash.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)