ACCIDENTS & CRASHES
2 killed, 11 hurt after pickup strikes bicyclists in Arizona
PHOENIX (AP) — Two people were killed and 11 others injured after a pickup truck crashed into a group of bicyclists Saturday morning in Arizona.
The Goodyear Police Department said the pickup struck a “large group of adult bicyclists” just before 8 a.m. in suburban Phoenix.
A woman died at the site of the crash, police said, while a second bicyclist died at a hospital. Eleven others were taken to hospitals in the area with “various” injuries.
Police said the driver of the pickup truck, who has not been identified, stayed at the scene of the crash.
Police have not released further information about what caused the crash.
Goodyear Police Traffic Alert
Due to a serious injury crash involving a large group of bicyclists, Cotton Lane is closed in both directions from the circle at Estrella Parkway to MC85 while police investigate. Please use alternate routes. This closure will last several hours. pic.twitter.com/FYt1cbrRyS
— Goodyear Police Dept (@Goodyearpolice) February 25, 2023
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 15140)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 14902)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14198)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 9037)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 8110)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6625)