Human remains found in remote area of Washington County
Mar 5, 2023, 3:53 PM | Updated: 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — A hiker found human remains in a remote area of Washington County Saturday afternoon, police say.
According to the Washington County sheriff’s office, at approximately 1:54 p.m., police received a call that human remains were found in the area of Sheep Bridge Road.
“Deputies responded and confirmed the remains were human. Detectives were called out and the investigation is ongoing,” states the office’s news release.
Police said the medical examiner’s office is working to confirm the identity of the remains.
“There are no signs of danger to the public,” continues the release. “The initial investigation shows no signs of suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.”
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 15140)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 14902)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14198)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 9037)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 8110)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6625)