ACCIDENTS & CRASHES
Man killed after two cars lose control, crash on I-15 near Santaquin
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — A man was killed after his car lost control due to slick roads and crashed into another spun-out car Sunday afternoon.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a white Tesla sedan was traveling southbound on Interstate 15 near milepost 240 when it lost control due to slushy conditions.
The Tesla left the road, struck a cable barrier and rebounded across the lanes into the median.
“Shortly after, a PT Cruiser also lost control and spun into the median at the same location. The PT Cruiser struck the parked Tesla with its rear end,” stated the UHP press release.
The female driver of the PT Cruiser was injured and transported to the hospital in an unknown condition. The PT Cruiser’s male passenger suffered fatal injuries.
UHP said it is still investigating the crash and will release the identity of the killed man pending family notification.
The press release did not mention the status of the Tesla driver.
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 98196)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 30883)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 18110)
- West Valley parents arrested in abuse of 3-month-old with 4 broken bones (pageviews: 9810)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 9138)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 7092)
- Man paroled 2 weeks ago from Utah prison arrested again in aggravated robbery (pageviews: 5747)