SEARCH & RESCUES
Search and rescue crews respond to helicopter crash and 2 snowmobile accidents
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — Wasatch County Search & Rescue crews had a busy day on Saturday after responding to a helicopter crash and two different snowmobile accidents.
According to the search and rescue Facebook page, their first call was a helicopter crash at approximately 11:17 a.m at the Strawberry Reservoir
Two people were in the chopper, and both walked away with some “small cuts and bruises.”
According to the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, the pilot was attempting to make a low pass over a snowy lake and was disoriented by the glare of the snow. The helicopter’s wheels made contact with the ground, causing the helicopter to crash, and tumble for several yards.
Soon after that, at approximately 11:24 a.m. near Tower Mountain, crews were alerted to a “serious” snowmobile accident with a snowmobile on top of the driver.
According to search & rescue, LifeFlight was on its way, but the “patient was able to recover enough to make it out on his own power.”
The last rescue occurred at approximately 1:02 p.m., at the Strawberry River parking lot, for a “snowmobile vs. trailer” accident.
The snowmobiler told crews that their arm was having issues, but the Facebook post didn’t mention the severity of their injuries.
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 98196)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 30883)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 18110)
- West Valley parents arrested in abuse of 3-month-old with 4 broken bones (pageviews: 9810)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 9138)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 7092)
- Man paroled 2 weeks ago from Utah prison arrested again in aggravated robbery (pageviews: 5747)