KSLSPORTS FEED

How To Watch BYU Football Versus Southern Utah Thunderbirds

Sep 6, 2023, 9:00 AM

Follow @kslsports...

SALT LAKE CITY – The college football season is underway for the BYU football team and the Cougars are on to Week 2 with a matchup against in-state foe Southern Utah.

How to watch Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. BYU Cougars football game

The Cougars will host the T-Birds at LaVell Edwards Stadium (Capacity: 63,470) in Provo, Utah on Saturday, September 9.

It will be BYU and Southern Utah’s second-ever meeting. The Cougars and Thunderbirds first played in 2016. BYU hosted SUU in Provo and won, 37-7.

Are you on Threads yet? Let’s connect, give us a follow @kslsports.

Here is all of the information you’ll need to tune in to watch, stream, and listen to the SUU vs. BYU football game:

What channel is BYU football on?

The BYU football game against Southern Utah will be broadcast on ESPN+. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. (MDT).

Channels based on Salt Lake City, Utah

Ways to Watch:

Streaming

Big 12 Now on ESPN+

Online

ESPN.com

Mobile/Streaming Devices

ESPN app (Available on Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, Google TV, and Amazon Fire TV)

Ways to Listen

Radio

KSL NewsRadio (102.7 FM & 1160 AM)

  • Cougar Sports Saturday preview show at 9 a.m. (MDT)

Online

KSLSports.com

KSLNewsRadio.com

Mobile

KSL Sports app

KSL NewsRadio app

Postgame Show

Southern Utah vs. BYU recap on KSL Sports Zone (97.5 FM), KSLSports.com, and the KSL Sports app.

SUU vs. BYU

The T-Birds opened their 2023 campaign on the road against the Pac-12 Conference’s Arizona State Sun Devils. SUU nearly pulled off a comeback in the second half and fell in a close contest. ASU defeated Southern Utah, 24-21.

RELATED: Southern Utah Nearly Pulls Off Comeback Before Falling To Arizona State

BYU kicked off its season with the program’s first shutout in nearly a decade. The Cougars beat the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 14-0. Although the defense blanked the Bearkats, BYU’s offense had a less-than-stellar performance in Week 1.

RELATED: Instant Takeaways From BYU Football’s Shutout Of Sam Houston

As of September 4, ESPN Analytics gave BYU a 94.9 percent chance of improving to 2-0 and put the Thunderbirds’ shot of pulling the upset at 5.1 percent.

For more information on BYU football, follow our BYU insider Mitch Harper. Harper is a BYU Insider for KSLsports.com and host of the Cougar Tracks Podcast (SUBSCRIBE) and Cougar Sports Saturday (Saturday from 12–3 p.m.) on KSL Newsradio. Follow Mitch’s coverage of BYU in the Big 12 Conference on Twitter/X and Threads: @Mitch_Harper.

Download the new & improved KSL Sports app from Utah’s sports leader. You can stream live radio, video and stay up to date on all of your favorite teams.

KSL 5 TV Live

KSLSports Feed

Follow @kslsports...

KSL Sports

Utah Jazz Draft Prospects: Edey, Kolek, Ighodaro

At look at Zach Edey, Tyler Kolek, and Oso Ighodaro and how they'd each fit with the Utah Jazz in the NBA Draft.

52 minutes ago

Follow @kslsports...

KSL Sports

Utah Basketball Rounds Out 2024-25 Staff With New ‘General Manager’ Position, Hire

Craig Smith and the Runnin' Utes have completed their 2024-25 staff with the addition of general manager Mike Summey.

1 hour ago

Follow @kslsports...

KSL Sports

Real Salt Lake Hosts LA Galaxy: Streak, Top Spot In West, Redemption At Stake

Real Salt Lake returns home from Kansas City and will look for another three points against the LA Galaxy on Saturday.

2 hours ago

KSL Sports

Utah Hockey Club Signs Defenseman Patrik Koch

Utah Hockey Club announced the signing of 27-year-old defenseman Patrik Koch to a one-year, two-way contract.

4 hours ago

KSL Sports

Breakdancer Victor Montalvo Looks To Make History At 2024 Paris Games

American breakdancing gold medalist Victor Montalvo is ready to show the world the beauty of his event in Paris this summer.

4 hours ago

Follow @kslsports...

KSL Sports

60 in 60: #50 Utah’s Aliki Vimahi (Defensive Tackle)

Hans & Scotty’s 60 in 60 college football countdown is here. Utah Utes defensive tackle Seni Tuiaki checks in at No. 50.

5 hours ago

Sponsored Articles

Photo courtesy of Artists of Ballet West...

Ballet West

The rising demand for ballet tickets: why they’re harder to get

Ballet West’s box office is experiencing demand they’ve never seen before, leaving many interested patrons unable to secure tickets they want.

Electrician repairing ceiling fan with lamps indoors...

Lighting Design

Stay cool this summer with ceiling fans

When used correctly, ceiling fans help circulate cool and warm air. They can also help you save on utilities.

Side view at diverse group of children sitting in row at school classroom and using laptops...

PC Laptops

5 internet safety tips for kids

Read these tips about internet safety for kids so that your children can use this tool for learning and discovery in positive ways.

Women hold card for scanning key card to access Photocopier Security system concept...

Les Olson

Why printer security should be top of mind for your business

Connected printers have vulnerable endpoints that are an easy target for cyber thieves. Protect your business with these tips.

Modern chandelier hanging from a white slanted ceiling with windows in the backgruond...

Lighting Design

Light up your home with these top lighting trends for 2024

Check out the latest lighting design trends for 2024 and tips on how you can incorporate them into your home.

Technician woman fixing hardware of desktop computer. Close up....

PC Laptops

Tips for hassle-free computer repairs

Experiencing a glitch in your computer can be frustrating, but with these tips you can have your computer repaired without the stress.

How To Watch BYU Football Versus Southern Utah Thunderbirds