Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp has drawn protests as he signed into law a sweeping Republican-sponsored overhaul of state elections.
Republican and Democratic election officials have certified the election as valid, courts have rejected lawsuit after lawsuit claiming otherwise, and a clear majority of Congress has confirmed the final result.
Several members of the Utah congressional delegation tweeted that they were safe and condemned the violence at the U.S. Capitol Wednesday afternoon after demonstrators overturned security barricades and entered the Capitol building.
The Justice Department has asked a federal judge to dismiss a last-gasp lawsuit led by a House Republican that seeks to give Vice President Mike Pence the power to overturn the results of the presidential election won by Joe Biden when Congress formally counts the Electoral College votes next week.
Voters cast their ballots for president more than a month ago, but the votes that officially matter will be cast Monday. That's when the Electoral College meets.
During the 2016 general election, more than 318,000 mail-in ballots were rejected according to an analysis by the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.
The 2020 Election has already been one of the most unprecedented in American history amid the coronavirus pandemic and bitter bipartisanship across the country.
Counting votes accurately for an entire nation, in an election whose jurisdiction is divided up state by state, can be a cumbersome process.
Utahns have been voting by mail for weeks, and it is very likely that some of those mail-in ballots have been cast by people who have moved on.
If you did not get your mail-in ballot to a mailbox by 5 p.m. Monday, your only options for voting in the 2020 general election are to drop off your mail-in ballot or vote in-person.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home (pageviews: 9916)
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5751)
- Park City Fire Chief Dead After UTV Crash During Oregon Vacation (pageviews: 5201)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah's Drought (pageviews: 4135)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah’s Drought – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3339)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 3156)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2353)
- No. Tooele Police Investigating After Fireworks Damage Parts Of Neighborhood – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2187)
- Live (pageviews: 1925)
Connect with KSL