It’s a major life milestone, the first time many U.S. teens have ever been on their own. Even in normal times, freshman year in college can be a jumbled mix of anticipation, uncertainty and emotional highs and lows.
Utah’s surge in COVID-19 cases has many parents questioning school policies about contract tracing and quarantining students.
Being a teenager can be difficult no matter what, and the pandemic is making it even harder. With school closures, canceled events, and the risk of getting sick, kids are dealing with all kinds of new issues, and it’s affecting their mental health.
Utah State University officials are taking a big step in their fight against COVID-19 and opening their own testing site on-campus.
New COVID-related changes are coming for students and teachers as the Utah Department of Health announced they're rolling out a new recommendation, which would allow students back into the classroom sooner than a two-week quarantine.
Our kids have masks and social distancing to contend with at school this year. Then there are the hours staring at a screen while virtual learning. It's no wonder some kids may get distracted, but there are ways to help keep them focused.
Murray High School and the Piute County School District will be moving to online learning for two weeks due to an increase in COVID-19 cases.
A family in Roy is calling for action and demanding answers after their boy was left alone on a school bus for two hours.
Teachers, faculty, parents and students demonstrated outside the Davis School District headquarters to show their frustration and concern after the board switched to in-person classes.
Parents and administrators at Alta High School have been under fire for holding a cheer team party on campus without following social distancing measures. It happened just one day after the school shutdown due to a spike in COVID-19 cases.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)
Connect with KSL