Between online learning, school closures and other added challenges brought by the pandemic, many students are struggling. Schools are now taking extra measures to get students caught up.
Promising news from Pfizer today which announced that its COVID-19 vaccine is 100% effective in adolescents ages 12 to 15.
The disruptions to traditional education caused by the pandemic will have a lasting impact on Utah schools. Educators and researchers believe several lessons learned are here to stay.
The KSL Investigators found COVID-19 intensified vaccine challenges and exemption rates for student immunizations, and that has experts worried about potential future outbreaks.
The University of Utah played a key role in advising the Centers for Disease Control's new guidance for school safety that said schools should return to in-person learning and just three feet of social distancing will keep students safe.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention relaxed its social distancing guidelines for schools Friday, saying students can now sit 3 feet apart in classrooms.
The Utah Board of Education voted Monday to give schools leeway on how they plan to meet the minimum required hours of instruction time.
The Jordan School District is trying to determine if schools will continue four-day school weeks next year after results from a survey showed two out of three respondents like it the way it is now.
As Utah vaccinations expand and case counts drop, Westminster College in Salt Lake City announced it is anticipating the Fall 2021 classes will include a return to the classroom for students and faculty.
Utah teachers have overwhelmingly opted to get the COVID-19 vaccine, and it has brought relief among the teacher ranks.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator (pageviews: 23261)
- Homebuyers Warned To Watch For Details In Building Contracts (pageviews: 7053)
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4824)
- Utah Man Fights For His Life In Nepal While Family Tries To Get Help (pageviews: 3437)
- At Least One Person In Critical Condition After Wrong-Way Freeway Crash (pageviews: 2490)
- Clearfield Repair Shop Owner Hopes Someone Can Identify Burglar (pageviews: 2444)
- Jury Reaches Verdict At Trial Over George Floyd's Death (pageviews: 2152)
- Utah Teen Paralyzed From Waist Down After Dirt Bike Incident (pageviews: 1991)
- Utah Man Believes He May Have Found Tomb Commissioned For Joseph Smith (pageviews: 1944)
Connect with KSL