A Utah boy had a special sendoff for his first day of school.
Utah Valley University announced it will require students to have the COVID-19 vaccine beginning in the spring semester.
The Education Department says it’s investigating five Republican-led states with universal mask bans, saying the policies could amount to discrimination against students with disabilities or health conditions.
Some parents are concerned about a letter the district wrote to principals before school started, which states they should not discipline a student if they’re not wearing a mask. District officials said it’s a matter of keeping children in school and not shaming them.
The University of Utah, Utah State University and Weber State University have announced they plan to require COVID-19 vaccines for students after the Utah Board of Higher Education issued a letter urging schools and presidents to consider doing so under current legislation.
Students at South Clearfield Elementary started their school year off in a brand-new building.
Students are heading back to school across Utah, and it's a good time for parents to talk with their kids about online safety.
Immunocompromised Mother & Teacher Believes Wearing Masks In School Is For The Benefit Of The Entire CommunityWith the delta variant raging across the country, Utah families are facing difficult decisions at the start of a new school year. One Santaquin mother says wearing a mask is ultimately about community and looking out for your friends - lessons she hopes her children will learn.
There's a constant fight between children and their parents when it comes to having them take home lunch to school.
Officials with the Salt Lake City School District want students who are struggling with their mental health to know that they are not alone.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36358)
- South Jordan family describes 'miracle' following Thanksgiving Day crash (pageviews: 9986)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria (pageviews: 9054)
- Police: Two dead after wrong-way crash in Sunset (pageviews: 5631)
- Police: Man shot by police after attacking father, charging officers with weapons (pageviews: 5413)
- Woman arrested in Utah County after assaulting multiple people (pageviews: 2674)
- Large police presence reported in Orem (pageviews: 2268)
- Multiple cars shot at, two injured on I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 2239)
- Pregnant woman saves man from burning home in West Jordan (pageviews: 2200)
Connect with KSL