Experts said one in six children in the U.S. who are not reading well in third grade don't graduate and one Utah mom is pushing for progress in our public schools.
A new, landmark study on mental health in Utah shows just how wide the gap is between people who need services and the help available. The need is particularly urgent for Utah teenagers.
It's tempting to forget about structure during the summer, and let kids have their freedom. But too much relaxation can actually be a detriment to kids.
One of the biggest distractions to family time are cell phones.
Therapist say when adolescents and teens feel connected, bigger subjects are easier to discuss.
In today's fast-paced, technological world, it's rare to find a spare moment to slow down, but experts say quiet, peaceful moments are vital to a teenager's mental health.
Intermountain Healthcare's Dr. Matt Swenson believes parents have more power than they realize to care for the emotional and mental health of their children.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 16902)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 10948)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 6159)
- Five Utah Police Agencies Looking For Purse Snatchers (pageviews: 3234)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 3143)
- Local Body Shop Creates One-Of-A-Kind Casket For Police Dog Hondo (pageviews: 2873)
- Utah Couple's Dream Italian Vacation Canceled After Coronavirus Cases Spike (pageviews: 2719)
- 5-Year-Old Killed In Millcreek Auto-Pedestrian Crash (pageviews: 2663)
- 5-Year-Old Boy Killed In Millcreek Auto-Pedestrian Crash (pageviews: 2527)
Connect with KSL