The Cache County School District has announced adjusted schedules for all of its schools due to "unprecedented student and staff absenteeism."
Lawmakers in the Utah House of Representatives have approved a bill that would suspend the state's Test to Stay program and clarify how schools would request to go remote.
As students and educators in Salt Lake City head back to in-person school Monday, they'll do so without the mask requirement the district's had in place throughout the pandemic.
Schools across the state of Utah are seeing a rise in COVID-19 cases among students and staff, which has led some to implement test to stay protocols.
Tuesday marked the second day that students in Salt Lake County were back in the classroom under a new mask order that includes a simplified process for a mask exemption.
As the historic omicron surge runs through Utah classrooms, nearly a dozen schools were forced to test their students to determine who stays in person. Viewmont High School in Bountiful enforced that protocol Tuesday.
Edgemont Elementary School in Provo is moving to remote or online learning due to an outbreak of COVID-19 cases.
The Bear River Health Department is issuing a "test to stay" order based on the number of cases per class. Officials said the new state law that handles those measures doesn't work in their area.
A "test to stay" protocol is being implemented at Tooele High School due to an outbreak of COVID-19 cases.
A rise in the number of COVID-19 cases at Syracuse Elementary has pushed the school into a mandatory test-to-stay event.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 8313)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 8203)
- Biden caught on hot mic swearing at Fox News reporter (pageviews: 6228)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 5505)
- CDC adds 5 more Caribbean island destinations to its highest level of travel risk – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4192)
- Former BYU professor heads to court Feb. 14 for 7 counts of sexual abuse (pageviews: 4034)
- Spirit Airlines to begin SLC flights in May (pageviews: 4017)
- Utah man suffers life-threatening burns after smoking near oxygen tank (pageviews: 3472)
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope reaches final stop, 1 million miles out (pageviews: 3398)
Connect with KSL