In a story filled with twists and turns, it was the turn no one saw coming.
In the hours after Josh Powell returned from a mid-winter camping trip with his two young sons, and without his wife, police were desperate for clues as to where she could be. When Josh wasn’t helpful, investigators hoped the boys could give them answers.
A surprising document from the Susan Powell case files has provided insights into the mind of Josh Powell after his wife went missing. It revealed one of several odd behaviors involving the elementary school where son Charlie attended.
Blackened, charred and burned beyond recognition, this single piece of evidence from the Susan Powell case could hold answers to what really happened to her. To this day, no one knows what it is.
You can hear more about Susan's fears in the final months before she disappeared in Episode 3 of the COLD podcast, available now on all major podcast platforms and at TheColdPodcast.com
KSL’s new investigative podcast series Cold enters its 2nd week with more bombshell revelations, this time dealing not with Josh Powell, but instead his father, Steven.
Episode 2 of "Cold," titled "Wake up, Little Susie," delves into the obsession Josh Powell's father, Steven, had with Susan.
In the years since Susan Powell disappeared hundreds of tips, interviews and searches have come up empty. There's been no sign of the mother of two since 2009 but her story has stayed in the headlines.
KSL 5 TV Live
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 19691)
- Wyoming Coroner in Gabby Petito case determining cause of death (pageviews: 5440)
- Body camera footage not available in Farmington hostage incident (pageviews: 4734)
- Jailed for Love: Why a Utah woman who says romance scammer turned her into an unwitting money mule faces prison time. (pageviews: 4180)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University (pageviews: 3776)
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities (pageviews: 3534)
- Autopsy: Actor Michael K. Williams died of drug intoxication (pageviews: 3514)
- Frustrated by city inaction, residents contact KSL Investigators over Salt Lake’s RV Row (pageviews: 2894)
- Gabby Petito’s case highlights racial disparities in response to missing persons cases (pageviews: 1915)
Connect with KSL