The Utah County Health Department has issued a county-wide mask mandate effective immediately, due to the rising rate of coronavirus cases.
Parents and students were told that following a sustained increase in COVID-19 cases in the school community, starting Wednesday, Sept. 23, Alta High School will transition to online learning for 14 days
The Jordan School Board has decided on a new pandemic protocol for high schools during outbreaks of COVID-19.
Teachers across the Davis School District spent much of the summer preparing for a hybrid plan, and now they're having to quickly change gears to having full class-sizes, four days a week.
Just two hours before state health officials announced Provo and Orem would move back to the orange threat level, the Presidents at Brigham Young University and Utah Valley University issued a joint letter warning students they must change their behavior as COVID-19 cases spike in Utah County.
Utah health officials on Tuesday announced the cities of Provo and Orem will be moved back to the orange level of restrictions in order to contain a new spike in COVID-19 cases.
The Utah Department of Health on Tuesday reported 650 new COVID-19 cases and two new deaths.
There will be no in-person learning Tuesday for Copper Hills High School in West Jordan and Corner Canyon High School in Draper.
As leaders across Utah County struggle with how to respond to a recent spike in COVID-19 cases, the sheriff is weighing in, calling a mask mandate the wrong approach.
Administrators of Copper Hills High School announced the school will be closed Tuesday due to having more than 15 active COVID-19 cases.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Herbert, State Leaders Holding Emergency Meeting After COVID-19 Spike (pageviews: 12174)
- Body Camera Video Released In Shooting Of 13-Year-Old With Autism (pageviews: 3848)
- Family Of Ogden Hiker Missing Since Sept. 8 Asking For Public's Help (pageviews: 2282)
- Ogden Woman Dies In ORV Crash In Uintah County (pageviews: 2262)
- Dr. Angela Dunn Speaks At TEDx, Addresses Utah COVID Case Spike (pageviews: 2127)
- Missing Idaho Hiker Found Dead After 1,000-Foot Fall (pageviews: 2038)
- Governor Herbert Renews Utah State Of Emergency (pageviews: 2030)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 1954)
- Search Continues For Missing Hiker In Weber County (pageviews: 1553)
Connect with KSL