It was one year ago that Utah’s first COVID-19 patient was hospitalized, marking the beginning of the pandemic in the state.
The Utah Department of Health on Sunday reported six additional residents have died from COVID-19, and 465 more people have tested positive.
Thousands of Utahns not yet eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine were able to make an appointment on Saturday thanks to a glitch on the state’s coronavirus website.
Another 22 Utahns have died of COVID-19, according to the Utah Department of Health. Officials reported an additional 686 new cases have been confirmed. Over 700,000 vaccines have been administered.
One year ago, Utah doctors were preparing to treat the first COVID-19 patient in the state. Doctors at Intermountain Healthcare said they are optimistic about the battle against the virus, but there's still a long way to go.
You might not think a couple hundred dollars could make or break a business, but it could for scores of really small businesses in Utah that may not realize there is help available.
As more age groups are allowed to get the vaccine in Utah, KSL has learned that local health departments in large portions of the state do not have the vaccine approved for 16- and 17-year-olds.
State health officials estimate Utah will receive doses of Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine on Wednesday after an FDA panel approved the single-shot vaccine Friday.
The Utah Department of Health on Friday reported 17 additional people have died from COVID-19.
Lauren Holbrook was planning on being eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine starting March 1 but was surprised to get an appointment this week.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 14493)
- New Utah Law Keeps Convicted Murderer From Parole Unless Body Found (pageviews: 4930)
- Community Rallies To Support Young Street Corner Entrepreneur (pageviews: 4702)
- KSL Investigates Bill Aimed To Combat Utah Housing Boom, Affordability (pageviews: 4120)
- Utah DWR Looking For Driver Who Allegedly Sped Up To Hit, Kill Deer (pageviews: 2915)
- 22 More COVID Deaths Reported In Utah; Over 700K Vaccines Administered (pageviews: 2449)
- Utahn Who Has Had Three Heart Transplants Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 2260)
- Utah Nurse Who Battled COVID-19 Released From Hospital After Double-Lung Transplant (pageviews: 1949)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 1856)
Connect with KSL