Public health experts say there is little evidence that the protests that erupted after George Floyd’s death caused a significant increase in coronavirus infections.
Health experts have slammed the U.S. decision to hog nearly the entire global supply of remdesivir, the only drug licensed so far to treat COVID-19.
The coronavirus has made its way into two high school sports teams in Salt Lake County. A team member at Corner Canyon and a member of the coaching staff at Herriman have both tested positive for COVID-19.
Governor Gary Herbert’s office announced the state is preparing to accept a load of 500,000 cloth face masks that will be distributed to students and teachers across Utah who will be returning to school this fall.
There have been 22,217 total cases, 1,444 hospitalizations and 172 deaths so far.
Dr. Anthony Fauci said coronavirus cases could grow to 100,000 a day in the U.S. if Americans don’t start following public health recommendations.
As states grapple with how to safely start the upcoming school year, the American Academy of Pediatrics is pushing for students to be physically present in classrooms rather than continue in remote learning for the sake of their well-being.
The European Union announced Tuesday that it will reopen its borders to travelers from 14 countries, but most Americans have been refused entry for at least another two weeks due to soaring coronavirus infections in the U.S.
More than 125,000 people have died from Covid-19 in the US, and more than 2.5 million Americans have been infected.
The American Red Cross is facing additional challenges and extra costs for evacuation centers after the Knolls Fire due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 6306)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 5570)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5069)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 4786)
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 4155)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3149)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 2991)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2617)
- Water Wasting Reports Flood Utah's 'Hall Of Fame Or Shame' Website (pageviews: 2390)
Connect with KSL