Health officials announced 499 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in Utah, 32 additional hospitalizations, and 1 more death.
Public health experts say there is little evidence that the protests that erupted after George Floyd’s death caused a significant increase in coronavirus infections.
Health experts have slammed the U.S. decision to hog nearly the entire global supply of remdesivir, the only drug licensed so far to treat COVID-19.
The coronavirus has made its way into two high school sports teams in Salt Lake County. A team member at Corner Canyon and a member of the coaching staff at Herriman have both tested positive for COVID-19.
Governor Gary Herbert’s office announced the state is preparing to accept a load of 500,000 cloth face masks that will be distributed to students and teachers across Utah who will be returning to school this fall.
There have been 22,217 total cases, 1,444 hospitalizations and 172 deaths so far.
Dr. Anthony Fauci said coronavirus cases could grow to 100,000 a day in the U.S. if Americans don’t start following public health recommendations.
As states grapple with how to safely start the upcoming school year, the American Academy of Pediatrics is pushing for students to be physically present in classrooms rather than continue in remote learning for the sake of their well-being.
The European Union announced Tuesday that it will reopen its borders to travelers from 14 countries, but most Americans have been refused entry for at least another two weeks due to soaring coronavirus infections in the U.S.
More than 125,000 people have died from Covid-19 in the US, and more than 2.5 million Americans have been infected.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Vandals Go On Rampage At West Jordan Church, $50,000 In Damages (pageviews: 20013)
- Team Manager Left Out Of Cheerleading Photo In Shoreline Jr. High Yearbook – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10432)
- Team Manager Left Out Of Cheerleading Photo In Shoreline Jr. High Yearbook (pageviews: 9156)
- Cataract Canyon Without Lake Powell: A Monumental Legacy Of Dried Mud (pageviews: 6650)
- Improperly Stored Household Batteries Blamed For Taylorsville Garage Fire (pageviews: 5710)
- Utah Father Busts Would-Be Burglar From Taking His Car, Puts Suspect In Headlock (pageviews: 4018)
- Massive Millcreek Construction Site Fire Causes Millions In Damages (pageviews: 3492)
- UDOT Opens New Section Of Mountain View Corridor From 4100 South to SR 201 (pageviews: 2863)
- Vandals Cause Estimated $50K Of Damages At West Jordan Church (pageviews: 2812)
Connect with KSL