A Church missionary serving in Hong Kong was one of many to be sent home this week, amid concerns over the spread of the novel coronavirus.
The number of confirmed cases of the new virus has risen again in China while fatalities increased to 722, as the ruling Communist Party faced anger and recriminations from the public over the death of a doctor who was threatened by police after trying to sound the alarm about the disease over a month ago.
Thousands of miles from the center of the epidemic, a team at a small lab in Salt Lake City is jumping into the fight to help stop the spread of the highly contagious coronavirus.
A Chinese doctor who got in trouble with authorities in the communist country for sounding an early warning about the coronavirus outbreak died Friday after coming down with the illness.
A St. George couple will be adding 14 more days to their trip after they and over 3,000 people were quarantined on a cruise ship where 11 passengers have tested positive for the deadly novel coronavirus.
Over 100 missionaries serving in the China Hong Kong Mission will be reassigned or end their missionary service early due to concerns over the new coronavirus that has sickened thousands and killed at least 490 people in China.
Japanese authorities are racing to contain a possible outbreak of the Wuhan coronavirus after it was revealed that an infected passenger flew into Tokyo and spent a few days aboard a Princess Cruises ship, forcing authorities to lock down the vessel and quarantine thousands of people on board.
Health officials hope to avoid stigma and error in naming the virus behind the outbreak of respiratory illnesses that started in China late last year.
The death toll in mainland China from the new type of virus has risen to 425, with the total number of cases now standing at 20,438.
The first patients have arrived at a specialized hospital built in just 10 days as part of China's intensive efforts to fight a new virus.
KSL 5 TV Live
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 98459)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32060)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5256)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 3314)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2532)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 2219)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2048)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1878)
- Body Discovered In Salt Lake City Field, Police Say (pageviews: 1836)
Connect with KSL