The Utah COVID-19 Community Task Force and state officials are working to ease public concerns after the first case of the coronavirus in Utah was confirmed Friday night.
Thousands of people remain confined to a cruise ship circling in international waters off the San Francisco Bay Area after 21 passengers and crew members tested positive for the coronavirus.
Search and rescue efforts are underway after about 70 people were trapped in a hotel collapse Saturday night in southeastern China, officials in the city of Quanzhou said.
Uber will offer drivers and delivery people 14 days of paid sick leave if they fall ill with coronavirus or are placed in quarantine.
South by Southwest, the annual tech, film and music conference in Austin, has officially been canceled because of the coronavirus.
The World Health Organization has so far resisted describing the crisis as a "pandemic," saying the word might spook the world further and lead some countries to lose hope of containing the virus.
The first case of the novel coronavirus in Utah has been confirmed, according to officials with the Utah Department of Health, Davis County Health Department and the COVID-19 Community Task Force.
The Utah Coronavirus Task Force met Friday morning at the Utah State Capitol to discuss their next steps of preparation. They know the virus is likely to surface here but said reasonable planning should eliminate any feelings of panic.
A St. George man who tested positive for COVID-19 was allowed to return to his southern Utah home but will remain in isolation until he receives consecutive negative tests for the virus.
Before a suburban Seattle nursing home became ground zero for coronavirus deaths in the U.S., there were few signs the facility was girding against an illness spreading around the world.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Burger King is returning the Whopper to its original price (pageviews: 12606)
- Man killed in Taylorsville standoff was shot by police four years earlier (pageviews: 6864)
- First case of COVID-19 omicron variant confirmed in Utah (pageviews: 4580)
- Burger King is returning the Whopper to its original price – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4090)
- KSL Give-A-Thon (pageviews: 4067)
- EXPLAINER: Here are the new rules for travelers entering the US (pageviews: 3788)
- Police are searching for the parents of the Michigan high school shooting suspect after they are charged with involuntary manslaughter (pageviews: 3687)
- UPDATE: Suspect killed, 2 officers hit by gunfire in parking-lot shootout in Taylorsville (pageviews: 3548)
- New mom who delayed COVID-19 vaccine to protect baby is now on ventilator in ICU (pageviews: 3184)
Connect with KSL