Utah Governor Spencer Cox and Attorney General Sean D. Reyes announced that Utah may is set to receive $309 million dollars as a part of a nationwide $26 billion settlement with a number of pharmaceutical companies who contributed to the opioid epidemic.
For many, prescription drug abuse started early. A Saratoga Springs family never dreamed this devastating problem would cost them so much.
Addiction is a family disease. It doesn't just affect the individual struggling, but everyone who loves them. Former KSL-TV feature reporter Casey Scott took that message to heart after reading a paper written by his 16-year-old daughter, Preslee.
The coronavirus pandemic brought on new trials for many Utah families. More children are experiencing mental health challenges like depression, anxiety, and social isolation, but many parents don’t know where to turn for help.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration said it is directing nearly $2.5 billion in block grants to states and territories for addressing mental illness and drug addiction.
Two Utah women are hoping to raise awareness for overdose and addiction in the state by recognizing August 31 as International Overdose Awareness Day.
The opioid epidemic has taken a terrible toll on American military veterans. Many try to manage pain from battle wounds with the painkillers and get addicted. But doctors with the Salt Lake City Veterans Affairs Healthcare system have developed a different approach and are sharing it with others.
A number of families across Utah are facing grief at a time when being connected feels dangerous because of COVID-19, so the state is stepping up efforts to support families in the critical days after a traumatic loss.
Small towns often have a character all their own. But in Sterling, in Sanpete County, you'd probably never expect to find a rap artist.
A recent report shows drug overdoses are on the rise across the country, and the founder of a local nonprofit said the pandemic has impacted the way people with drug addictions can get help.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 78969)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 55145)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 49247)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 26801)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18842)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 15763)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 13889)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 11211)
- Boyfriend of missing woman breaks silence, releases statement through attorney (pageviews: 7605)
Connect with KSL