It would take a whole battalion, perhaps more, to put candles on a birthday cake for the National Guard.
During the past two decades, America’s wars created a new generation of veterans. Like many who went before them, some struggled with their mental health when they came home.
A top South Korean diplomat visited Salt Lake City to commemorate the Korean War and thank the Utah Veterans who fought to free their country seven decades ago.
Military deaths by suicide have increased by as much as 20% this year, and the VA Salt Lake City Healthcare System is changing the way it treats mental health.
The opioid epidemic has taken a terrible toll on American military veterans. Many try to manage pain from battle wounds with the painkillers and get addicted. But doctors with the Salt Lake City Veterans Affairs Healthcare system have developed a different approach and are sharing it with others.
Utah Congressman Ben McAdams has focused his efforts on the suicide risk of our veterans, sponsoring a new bill that would allow researchers to further explore a connection between living in high altitudes and being at-risk for suicide.
As many as 800,000 American troops battle Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after combat deployments during the last two decades. Some don’t get the help they need because they don’t believe they have a real problem.
A Utah combat veteran broke down some of the barriers to his healing process for the unseen wounds of war, like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and suicidal thoughts.
The 9/11 attacks were a call to arms for many Utahns eager to serve. Some of those warriors, who did their duty, now struggle with invisible wounds, like PTSD and thoughts of suicide. That’s why one Utah combat veteran is doing what he can to share hope for fellow veterans.
An estimated 800,000 American troops struggle with PTSD, and a Utah program called Heroes Haven is working to help those veterans.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 17109)
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 10748)
- Overdue skier found dead in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7019)
- Once virtually extinct condor species spotted by hiker on Zion's Angels Landing hiking trail (pageviews: 6233)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6047)
- State prosecutors want teen accused in shooting near Hunter High to be tried as adult (pageviews: 5251)
- One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201 (pageviews: 3906)
- Instagram - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3882)
- Florida man charged after 4 found dead at Canada-US border (pageviews: 3626)
Connect with KSL