A group of volunteers will now help the Davis County Attorney reconsider cases where people feel they've been wrongly convicted.
Kaysville is looking to hire a therapist that will help law enforcement officers deal with the unique stress of their jobs and help them better respond to people in crisis.
Salt Lake County officials signed a motion for courts to reduce felony drug-possession convictions in thousands of cases from 1998 through 2015 to misdemeanors.
SUNDAY EDITION – This week on Sunday Edition with Doug Wright, we continue our team coverage surrounding criminal justice reform in Utah. News Specialist Brittany Glas sat down with former Salt Lake City Chief of Police Chris Burbank. Hear his somewhat surprising philosophy behind decreasing the number of people in prisons in our state and […]
Reforming our criminal justice system is about helping people successfully move on with their lives. But for those with a criminal record attached to them like a scarlet letter, moving on can be impossible. Utah lawmakers are trying to change that.
Where Utah inmates serve their time determines their access to resources and programs. In this Justice for All report, the KSL Investigators dug into the factors that help determine where they serve time.
KSL investigators look inside "The Other Side Academy," a program designed to help inmates succeed once they are released from prison as part of our Justice for All series.
Weldon Angelos, who was 24 at the time and an up-and-coming music producer, received a half-century punishment in 2004 after being convicted of selling marijuana three times to a government informant.
Two years after the state passed the Justice Reinvestment Initiative legislation aimed at improving the criminal justice system for adult offenders, lawmakers followed suit in 2017 with juvenile justice reforms.
If all goes as planned, construction should wrap early 2022 with inmates arriving from the old prison in Draper that summer. When they do, they will find prison life here very different.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 12861)
- Ian Alexander Jr., only child of Regina King, dies at age 26 (pageviews: 9389)
- Don't approach lab monkey missing after crash, people told (pageviews: 8361)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6500)
- Salt Lake County man arrested for allegedly abusing grandson (pageviews: 5640)
- Sledder injured during safety event at Tibble Fork Reservoir (pageviews: 3980)
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 3929)
- Herriman family saved from house fire by off-duty firefighter, his wife (pageviews: 3174)
- Inmate worker at large after walking out of Utah County Jail (pageviews: 2824)
Connect with KSL