The Parleys Fire was 15% contained Friday evening as residents continued to wait to get back into their homes and cabins.
State fire officials said the 1,000th wildfire was reported and quickly extinguished in southern Utah on Friday.
Police and firefighters closed Interstate 80 because of the Parley’s Fire, causing agonizing traffic delays in Provo and Big Cottonwood canyons, and along I-84.
A veterans home that reported 51 cases of COVID-19 with 13 deaths earlier this year now has zero cases.
A last-ditch effort by Democrats to revive collapsing Capitol Hill talks on vital COVID-19 rescue money has ended in disappointment.
Earlier in the COVID-19 pandemic, nonurgent breast care screenings and mammograms were rescheduled due to safety restrictions. But now doctors are urging women who missed their screenings to get in as soon as possible.
The Utah Department of health on Friday reported 460 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and five new deaths.
When State Superintendent Sydnee Dickson, along with Gov. Gary Herbert, announced in March that schools would be temporarily closing, she didn't think the pandemic problems would continue into the fall semester.
Authorities closed I-80 through Parley's Canyon from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. Friday to contain the human-caused Parley's Fire. Investigators are hoping to locate a dump truck that may have sparked the blaze by dragging chains.
President Donald Trump on Thursday issued executive orders that would ban the social media app TikTok and WeChat from operating in the US in 45 days if they are not sold by their Chinese-owned parent companies.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)
Connect with KSL