A federal judge has rejected an increase in restitution payments by a former county commissioner for an illegal ATV protest ride in a Utah canyon, court records said.
The appeal hearings for a Utah death-row inmate are lasting longer than anticipated.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday heard highly anticipated cases on whether federal civil rights law should apply to LGBT people, with Chief Justice John Roberts questioning how doing so would affect employers.
The justices are returning to the Supreme Court bench for the start of an election year term that includes high-profile cases about abortions, protections for young immigrants and LGBT rights.
Attorneys for thousands of victims of the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history said Thursday that they reached a settlement expected to pay between $735 million and $800 million to those who sued over the Las Vegas massacre.
The state will now pay $600,000 to former Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff to help pay his legal fees.
The Salt Lake County District Attorney’s office formally filed charges against a driver who police say caused a deadly crash in Big Cottonwood Canyon, killing a mother and daughter.
Starting Monday, jurors will hear evidence in the trial's punishment phase before deciding whether to sentence Ronald Lee Haskell, 39, to life in prison without parole or death.
A Utah death row inmate featured in the popular book "Under the Banner of Heaven" after killing his sister-in-law and her child for resisting his polygamist beliefs inched closer to becoming the first American to be executed by firing squad in nearly a decade after losing his latest appeal Monday.
The Justice Department said Thursday that it will carry out executions of federal death row inmates for the first time since 2003.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 24684)
- Idaho father fighting for his life in Utah hospital after dirt biking crash (pageviews: 19330)
- Medical examiner and cadaver dog called to park where investigators found Brian Laundrie's items (pageviews: 9862)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9476)
- Utah woman arrested on suspicion of shaking, killing her infant boy (pageviews: 6688)
- Suspected human remains, items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says (pageviews: 5928)
- FBI: Items linked to Laundrie, potential remains found (pageviews: 5212)
- Haiti gang wants $17M ransom for kidnapped American and Canadian missionaries (pageviews: 4446)
- Utah family urges caution after 1-year-old hospitalized with COVID-19 (pageviews: 4306)
Connect with KSL