When tragedy strikes in our community, we're often quick to offer help to the victims and their friends and family. Often, however, it's easy to overlook the police officers who work tirelessly to keep the community safe and have exposure to terrible things.
A Weber County contractor said Ayoola Ajayi, the man arrested for the death of Mackenzie Lueck, asked him to build a soundproof room with a secret door in the basement of his Salt Lake home.
Mackenzie Lueck’s digital footprints were used to track down the University of Utah student as soon as investigators learned she was missing.
A northern Utah police department said it investigated a rape allegation five years ago against a man suspected of killing a Salt Lake City college student, but say the alleged victim declined to pursue charges.
A 31-year-old man who had been identified as a person of interest has been charged in the death of Mackenzie Lueck, after police confirmed DNA evidence was found at his home.
After an exhaustive investigation, police this morning arrested Ayoola Ajayi for aggravated murder and aggravated kidnapping, 12 days after the disappearance of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck.
A SWAT team was deployed to an apartment building in Salt Lake City Friday morning, and two people were taken into custody.
A woman who said she stayed in the basement of a home searched in connection with the Mackenzie Lueck case has spoken about her experience.
A longtime former prosecutor said a few moves made by law enforcement in the disappearance of Mackenzie Lueck seemed to be telling signs of where they were going in their investigation.
The next door neighbor of the man described as a "person of interest" by Salt Lake City police said he would be shocked if the man were involved in the disappearance of Mackenzie Lueck.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)
Connect with KSL