A trained specialist on the Wasatch County Search & Rescue Team happened to be enjoying his day off in the outdoors of Uintah County when he heard someone in the distance yelling for help.
Law enforcement and wildlife resources officers inspected more than five thousand boats as part of efforts to keep the invasive quagga mussels out of Utah lakes and other waters.
State officials have reminded boaters and anyone else on the water to wear life jackets, as waves of Utahns were expected to get outside over the Memorial Day weekend, now that the pandemic hibernation has eased the changing COVIT-19 threat level from orange to yellow.
After a weekend that more closely resembled a summer holiday, Monday proved to be another busy day in the Utah outdoors, as crowds sought a reprieve from pandemic life in the valleys.
It's the perfect time of the year to enjoy the mountains. Just like the roads, though, there are rules for trails.
Even as Utah’s recreation destinations begin to reopen, there’s worry about what the future of travel looks like and if tourism-based companies can survive the sharp drop in visitors.
More state parks have been opened to "all visitors," according to the Utah Department of Natural Resources.
Before signing off the air and retiring, longtime KSL journalist Keith McCord talked about one story that stood out among 39 years of news reporting.
A Utah County family has found a unique way to make the most of their canceled spring break plans during Governor Gary Herbert’s directive to stay home and stay safe.
Does the coronavirus make you feel seriously cooped-up and a little bit stir-crazy? Well, here's an idea: just go outside. Nature is good for you.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)
Connect with KSL