State officials have reminded boaters and anyone else on the water to wear life jackets, as waves of Utahns were expected to get outside over the Memorial Day weekend, now that the pandemic hibernation has eased the changing COVIT-19 threat level from orange to yellow.
After a weekend that more closely resembled a summer holiday, Monday proved to be another busy day in the Utah outdoors, as crowds sought a reprieve from pandemic life in the valleys.
It's the perfect time of the year to enjoy the mountains. Just like the roads, though, there are rules for trails.
Even as Utah’s recreation destinations begin to reopen, there’s worry about what the future of travel looks like and if tourism-based companies can survive the sharp drop in visitors.
More state parks have been opened to "all visitors," according to the Utah Department of Natural Resources.
Before signing off the air and retiring, longtime KSL journalist Keith McCord talked about one story that stood out among 39 years of news reporting.
A Utah County family has found a unique way to make the most of their canceled spring break plans during Governor Gary Herbert’s directive to stay home and stay safe.
Does the coronavirus make you feel seriously cooped-up and a little bit stir-crazy? Well, here's an idea: just go outside. Nature is good for you.
A paraglider was sent to the hospital after he crashed and became stranded in a remote part of Tooele County. He spent over 24 hours in the wilderness, getting himself back to safety.
Although not yet active in the state, officials said they expect the coronavirus outbreak to slow the flow of international travelers into Utah.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 11601)
- What Does It Mean To Move From Yellow Risk To Orange Risk? (pageviews: 4034)
- Utah Mother Fighting Cancer, New COVID-19 Diagnosis (pageviews: 2905)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2515)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 2261)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 2152)
- Herbert Reports 1,198 New COVID-19 Cases - Highest Number So Far (pageviews: 2150)
- Utah Reports 1,198 New COVID-19 Cases, No New Deaths (pageviews: 2097)
- Man Killed, Woman Hospitalized In Downtown Crash (pageviews: 1993)
Connect with KSL