Smith's, Walmart, and Sam's Club grocery stores announced they will be giving COVID-19 vaccines in select stores to eligible Utahns later this week.
Utahns age 70 and older are now able to get a COVID-19 vaccine, and seniors headed to a clinic at St. George Regional Hospital to get their first doses Tuesday morning.
In order to begin traveling again, you may eventually need something in addition to the vaccine: a vaccine passport application.
The Moderna vaccine arrived at the Salt Lake VA Hospital Tuesday morning and just a few hours later, medical workers started getting shots.
Here is the state's anticipated timeline for the vaccine rollout, according to the Utah Department of Health. The timeline is subject to change based on vaccine availability, health officials said.
A Utah lawmaker said he was among the 30,000 people who participated in the clinical trials for Moderna's vaccine and reported having a positive experience.
The CDC told states to get ready to distribute a COVID-19 vaccine by Nov. 1, and state leaders said they are confident Utah will be ready when it arrives.
KSL 5 TV Live
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3947)
- Former Minnesota Cop Charged In Shooting Of Black Motorist (pageviews: 3048)
- 8 People Killed In Shooting At A FedEx Facility In Indianapolis, Police Say (pageviews: 2770)
- Princes William, Harry Won't Walk Side-By-Side At Funeral (pageviews: 1316)
- Raising Cane’s To Open South Jordan Restaurant June 8, Provo Location Later This Summer (pageviews: 1224)
- New Video Shows Suspect Pepper-Spray Utah Highway Patrol Trooper (pageviews: 1171)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 951)
- Judge Refuses Request To Acquit Chauvin In Floyd's Death (pageviews: 898)
- How Does An Officer Grab A Taser Over A Gun? (pageviews: 817)
Connect with KSL